The documents required for a tax refund are:
- Copy of Social Security Number
- Copy of First Page of Passport
- Copy of W-2 Form or the last pay slip
- Filled Easy Tax Store USA Tax Application (PDF)
- IRS Form 2848
- Customer Agreement
Download the documentation and instructions here.
W-2 form is an official IRS document which contains information about your earnings and paid taxes. The employer issues the W-2 form at the end of the fiscal year (December 31) in three copies. One copy goes to the employee, one goes to the IRS, and one stays in the employer’s archive. Employers are bound by law to postmark and send W-2 forms by January 31 of the following year.
There are two ways of getting your taxes back:
- By check sent to your home address
- By direct deposit to your USA bank account